…or more specifically, one tiny house in particular…
my tiny house.
Y’all! I have exciting news – Lyle and I have started working toward our dream of building our own tiny house.
I’m sure most of you have heard of tiny houses, but if you haven’t you can find out more about them here.
This is something that I have thought and dreamed about for a while now, and Lyle and I have lightly thrown around the idea before. But this weekend we sat down, seriously discussed it, and started making plans toward achieving this dream!
| Stay up to date on my tiny house inspiration and plans here |
Oh how I wish that we had a tiny house ready to move into tomorrow, but sadly I don’t really see that miracle happening. 🙂 So alas, the long (but fun and adventurous) process starts now!
Steps toward our tiny house dream:
1. Start getting rid of stuff! I’m talking get rid of like 80-90% of what we own! Man am I excited (and scared) for this step…
2. Prepare our house to go on the market.
3. Find the perfect trailer on which to build our tiny house!
4. Start designing the layout of our perfect little 200 square foot (approx.) house.
5. Find and buy a plot of land for our home.
Of course there are like a bazillion little steps in each of these big general steps, but you get the picture.
| So what do you think? Are we crazy? |