Have you ever heard of the show “Kids Say the Darndest Things”? It’s pretty funny. If you haven’t heard of this show, don’t worry, because I provided a clip of the show for you:
The other day at the school I work at I thought of this show when one of the 1st graders saw an old pencil sharpener in the supply room (you know the kind where you crank the handle). After looking at it for several seconds he said, “Wow! That’s a weird pencil sharpener!” His teacher and I proceeded to explain to him that back in the day that was the type of pencil sharpener that everyone used, and then we showed him how to use it. He was fascinated!
I say all this to say that showing that little 1st grader how to use that old-school pencil sharpener reminded me of how much I love sharpening pencils. I find it really relaxing. I like the smell of the wood shavings and watching the pencil shrink.
| I’m weird. – I know. – This fact does not escape me. :)|
After this weird reminder about myself I decided I wanted to share some of my other weird quirks with you…
- I hate for my workspace to be messy and disorganized but the rest of my house can be trashed and it doesn’t really bother me.
- I really don’t like feet – they kind of scare me a little.
- I love when people help me with projects but at the same time I don’t, because it throws off my system.
- I don’t like veggies on my burger because it ruins the texture of the burger.
- I love fish – as long as it doesn’t taste fishy.
- I sit at home alone a lot and then wonder why I don’t have any friends.
- I think Dr. Pepper tastes like NyQuil.
- Cold medicines make me dizzy and black-out.
- I love the outdoors but I am a pansy when it comes to bugs.
- I get really invested in the lives of my favorite TV show and movie characters’ lives.
- I can watch a movie I like over and over and over again and never get tired of it.
- I have to sleep right on the edge of the bed, but can’t fall asleep with my leg over the edge. (The monster under my bed might get me.)
…Wow! Until I started writing these down, I didn’t realize just how weird I am. 🙂
| Do you have any weird quirks? |