Guess what y’all?! Suzanne at Just Another Girl has nominated my blog for an award – The Liebster Award! If you guys have never checked out Suzanne’s blog, you should definitely head on over there and check it out. Every time I see a new post by Suzanne I get super excited and have to drop what I am doing to read it.
So now on to the award…It’s not really an official award or anything. It is really just a way to promote other bloggers that you enjoy following. It’s simply a fun way to get to know one another a little better and to share each other with other blog readers.
The Rules of the Liebster Award:
1. Link back to the person who nominated you.
2. List 11 facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions posted by the person who nominated you.
4. Nominate up to 11 other blogs with 200 followers or less.
5. Ask 11 new questions for the nominees to respond to.
11 Facts About Myself:
My Answer’s to Suzanne’s Questions:
1. When did you start blogging?
I started blogging in July 2010. There have been sporadic times throughout the past three years where I have blogged consistently, but I do wish that I would blog more often than I do.
2. What got you to start blogging?
Three years ago Lyle and I moved away from our families so that Lyle could be the youth pastor at Summit Chapel. A blog was the easiest way to keep our families and friends up to date with what was happening in our lives and ministry.
3. What was your first job?
I guess my first job would have been babysitting. I started babysitting when I was 12. Other than babysitting, my first real job was with OfficeMax my freshman year of college.
4. How old were you when you became a Christian?
I became a Christian at the age of 8 while at church camp. But I rededicated my life to Christ when I was 15 at a student leadership conference called Truth and Peace. At that conference I realized that there was a big difference between being a Christian and being a true Christ-follower. It was at that moment that I decided to actually live out my faith.
5. What is your favorite sport?
Well, I’m not really a sports type of girl, but I do enjoy watching soccer during the World Cup. For some reason that I cannot explain, I get super excited during the World Cup. My favorite sport to play would be tennis (even though I am horrible at it).
6. What’s your favorite book?
This is a tough question. It is extremely hard to pick only one book…so I’m not going to :). My favorite romantic novel is Safe Haven. My favorite dystopian novel is Divergent. My favorite book to read repeatedly is When Crickets Cry. And my favorite classic is Wuthering Heights.
7. What is one item you could not live without?
Hum…that’s another tough one…I really try not to get too attached to material items, but I guess I would pick my iPhone. I would pick this item because it has everything I care about on it or access to everything I care about. It has the pictures I love, a way to contact everyone I care about, and it has a Bible and my Kindle library on it.
8. If you could choose one junk food to be good and healthy for you to eat in abundance, what would that food be?
Do french fries count as junk food? Potato chips and french fries would be my choice for sure!
9. What is one of your pet peeves?
People rubbing their hands together…you know how what you do to warm your hands up when your cold. I know it’s weird, but it really rubs (excuse the pun) me the wrong way.
10. Who inspires you in life?
Jesus is my biggest inspiration. Besides Jesus, I would say that my biggest inspirations are Lyle, my mom, and my mema. They have all taught me how to be a better person.
11. If a tree falls down in a forest and no one is around to hear it crash, does it make any noise? Explain your answer.
Yes. Even if no one was there to hear the crash the sound waves would still be there…(That’s all I’ve got).